Mrs. Savage's - Welcome back to School
Dear HES Parents and Little Leopards,
I hope this finds you enjoying your summer break and making lots of memories with family and friends! My last day in the building was June 30th and since then I have traveled to Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, and Seattle (my feet are so tired – HAHA). I caught 27 fish in Montana, floated two rivers; the Portneuf River in Idaho and the beautiful Madison River in Montana, AND then I became a SWIFTIE in Seattle at the Taylor Swift concert with 72 thousand other fans!
As Principal, it is my pleasure to welcome everyone back for another great school year. The staff and I are excited to have students back in the classrooms and hallways filling them with energy and enthusiasm for learning. Hilton’s incredibly dedicated teachers spend hours planning and creating classroom activities to engage students in their learning. Our teachers utilize researched-based best practices and analyze academic data to determine current skill levels and follow these Guiding Principles:
(HILTON) continue to lead our work with High Expectations, Intentional Focus,
Love and Support, Teamwork, Opportunities for all, and No excuses.
This work demands a big commitment from our teachers, support staff,
parents, and our students and I truly believe, TOGETHER WE CAN!
I hope you find our website helpful and informative, and I encourage you to check it frequently to stay up to date with Hilton activities. We have also entered dates for all events and activities into the “Calendar” feature on our website to keep you informed. My plan is to send out a newsletter once a month with special events and some Hilton Happenings as well. 😊
Some key information for August:
- District wide- Health Fair will be August 10th from 3-7pm at ZHS
- We will have intake meetings again on August 17-18, 2023. Your student’s assigned teacher and booking Information will be sent out to you on or before August 11th.
- First day of school is August 23, 2023- TTK and Kinder will have a staggered start and this will be shared also on or before August 11th.
- As you prepare for school shopping, please consider writing your student’s name on their inside labels of sweaters, sweatshirts, and coats. This will help us get their clothing back to the correct owner and limit items in our lost and found, or as I called it the “Yard Sale”.
- Attendance will be a key focus district wide this year, so I encourage you to send your child to school every day and on-time to support their educational growth.
I am honored to serve as your principal and it is truly a privilege to be a part of a community where parents, teachers, and students care for each other and strive to build positive relationships that support academic and social growth.
Best wishes to you and your family- see you soon,
GO LEPS! 🐾